Saturday, October 13, 2012

Being real

Last night I went to see Chonda Pierce, the Christian comedian. I expected to go and laugh until my face hurt and my abs hurt. That did happen. However, it was more than that. After intermission, she told her life story. She was so real and so open about the things that had happened to her in her life. But then she talked about the things that were going on in her life right now. These things were not pretty things. They were real issues. Serious issues. Her life is far from the perfect happy life we think someone who is a Christian should have. She struggles with depression. Her husband struggles with alcoholism. She and her daughter have a strained relationship. Her mother passed away a few weeks ago. But her message was to live for Jesus. I struggle with things that I am not ready to share. I struggle with thoughts that are not godly. I struggle with habits that are not godly. I struggle with emotions that are not godly. I would be so embarrassed if anyone knew. But I know God knows and He loves me anyway and He will never leave me or forsake me. It is only by His grace and mercy that I am saved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment