Saturday, October 27, 2012

Divided Loyalty

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. (James 4:8 NLT)

I have been praying for help from God about things I have been struggling with. Waiting for answers. Waiting for a miraculous change. Hoping that the next morning that I will wake up and be the person I long to be. This morning as I was praying and seeking God, my precious Heavenly Father showed me the solution that I have been looking for. James 4:8 says that the answer to my prayer is an action that I have to take. I have to come closer to God. I have to wash my hands of sin. I have to purify my heart by staying in the Word and being obedient to him. If I want to wake up and be the person that I want to be, I have to take action. God will help me and give me the strength and power that I need but I have to do my part.

My heart is divided. It is divided between my desire for God and my desire for the things of the world.

Teach me your way, Lord,
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name. (Psalm 86:11 NIV)

This is my prayer for this week. I want an undivided heart. So much. More than anything. God is faithful. I must remember that. I must rely on His faithfulness. When I do, my desires will change. God will truly be the one and only desire of my heart! An undivided heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment