Monday, November 19, 2012

Gentleness

They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone. (Titus 3:2 NLT)

My scripture reading today was Titus 3:1-11. This verse stood out to me. I believe God is telling me, once again, to quit talking bad about people. I know He is calling me to a higher standard and this is where it must begin. He is also reminding me to be gentle. That has been a constant prayer of my life for so long. 1 Peter 3:4 has been my life prayer.

You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. (1 Peter 3:4 NLT)

I long for a gentle and quiet spirit. Why does it seem unreachable? When I am at home, it seems to be easier especially now that the kids are gone. When I have no stress, it seems easier. At school, it isn't easy. The stress is high.

I must begin with the first part of this verse. I must not slander anyone. I must look for the positive in everyone. I must remember that each person was made by God. I am sure that it grieves God's heart to hear me say bad things about His creations. To be gentle begins with not slandering anyone and not quarreling with anyone.

I can do it! With God's help!

No comments:

Post a Comment