Saturday, November 3, 2012

Amnesia? Who gets that in real life?

I had quite a week. I went to exercise on Monday afternoon and during the workout, I starting having amnesia. Transient global amnesia induced by exercise. I thank The Lord that my friends were with me and took care of me. I have no memory of any of that. No memory of Monday. Just a few little glimpses of the day. My friend said I was having a very stressful day at work. I don't remember. This experience has shaken me. For one thing, my dad had Alzheimer's and so this has frightened me. Another thing is that I felt so old in the hospital. I will be 50 in a couple of months. I also had moments that made me think of my mother. For instance, when I was eating my meals, I remembered my mom doing and saying the same things that I was doing and saying. This has been very emotional for me.

But through it all, I know my sweet Heavenly Father was there with me. I had to have an MRI. I was so scared to go in the "tunnel". I prayed that God would help me do it without any Xanax! When I first got down there, the technician asked me what radio station I wanted to listen to on the headphones. I said KSWP (Christian music). It was already on the station! As I got on the table, I could hear God telling me not to open my eyes. I started to open them once and He quickly reminded me not to! My favorite song came on first. "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin. This version was the one with the people singing it in different languages. Thinking back, isn't it awesome that even though part of it was in different languages that I don't know, I was still able to worship! How great is our God!!

I know that God allows things to happen in our lives. Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good. The Message said it this way: " We can be sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good". I love that! If I trust Him, He will use it to help me to be more like Him. That is my desire. To be more like my sweet, precious Savior.

God is real. I have no doubt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment