Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday morning!

Saturday mornings in the fall are my favorite times. I am not sure why but I love the time to relax and stay in bed as long as I want. I love reading the Word and praying especially when I have the house to myself. October brings the beginning of deer season. I love October through the end of December because I have every Saturday morning to myself! I use that time to refresh myself and reflect on the week. I want to hear from God.

I received such a blessing this week. Scott and I went out to eat with Anna. During dinner, she shared with us a meeting she had with the college pastor at the church she is attending. Hearing her so excited about the Lord and explaining to us what he told her blessed my heart and I know God was using her to tell me what I needed to hear as well. Knowing your children are saved is one of life's greatest blessings!

My blog is called "Changing from the Inside Out" for a reason. My heart's desire is to be more like Christ every day. Every day it seems as if I don't make it. I think about all the times I failed Him and I get discouraged. I want to change on the inside and then I know my outside will follow. Changing comes from spending time in the Word and giving it priority. I fail to do that. It seems as though everything else needs immediate attention and God and his Word get pushed down the list. By the time evening comes I am so tired and usually fall asleep reading. This week, I am going to focus on making one change for the better. I am going to get up 15 minutes earlier and spend a little more time with Him at the beginning of my day.

I am going to use this blog to help me change from the inside out. I am going to write about the changes God is calling me to make and hopefully along the way, I can encourage someone else. I am going to be open and honest with the struggles I have. No shame or embarrassment. Just an average woman trying to be more like Jesus.
Change is good!! I definitely want more of it!!

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:2 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment