Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Cupcake

It has been a challenging week. Lots of things going on. But one of my biggest challenges this week was....a cupcake. A friend brought cupcakes to work on the day of the TAKS test. They were the most beautiful cupcakes I had ever seen. They looked so delicious. Yellow cake with a light, lemony custard in the middle. The frosting was creamy and had large sugar crystals that sparkled. Beautiful! I was offered a cupcake by my sweet friend. Oh, how I wanted that cupcake. I chose not to have one. I did smell the cupcakes in the box. I watched my friend eat hers. But at the end of the day, I chose not to have one. I could have had it but I chose not to. Victory! Someone said to me that I had great willpower and they wish they had as much as I did. As I thought about that, I realized that I have no willpower. I have Godpower! I have the power of the Holy Spirit living in me. I have the power that raised Jesus from the dead living in me! It was that power that helped me overcome the power of the cupcake. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment