Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break

Spring Break. Two beautiful words for those of us in education. The long awaited week of rest and relaxation. The week that goes by all too quickly. Here it is, Sunday evening before returning to school tomorrow. As I think back over the week, I am happy to say that I spent a good deal of time with the Lord. I got up each morning and spent time with Him learning about the names of God and what they mean. It is so wonderful getting to know Him better. I have also been thinking about my eating this week. I always seem to have a hard time with making good choices about food when I am at home. I guess it is because I am out of my school routine. I take my breakfast, lunch and snacks with me to school so my choices are limited. When I get home, I struggle. I need to not buy the snacks that I shouldn't eat, like Little Debbie Banana Pudding rolls. They are delish. I only ate 1/2 of one roll. Victory. If snacks like those are not in the house, I obviously won't eat them. Prayer before grocery shopping sounds like a good idea to me. I will have to remember to do that next week. I must remember to pray when I am tempted. Remember to pray, remember to pray, remember to pray. I think that is the key to victory. I am hoping for more victory this week.

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1Thess. 5:16-18 NLT

So this week, I am going to be joyful because of Jesus. I am going to pray, pray, pray for His strength and I am going to be thankful for all He has done for me, is doing for me and will do for me. I want to be joyful, prayerful, and thankful because that is His will for me and there is nowhere else I would rather be than in His will.

1 comment: