Sunday, March 27, 2011

Food...

As I finish up this week and look forward to the week to come, I am thinking about food. Food has been such an important part of my life. In fact, I have given it way too much importance. Every activity is centered around food. I plan our weekend fun around food, either out to eat or cooking on the grill. Every family get together is centered around food. When I am getting ready for the day, the biggest part is packing my food for the day. Not that there is anything really wrong with that because I do have to eat, but I have given food way too much control. I have given it first place. I have given it the place that God deserves. Exodus 20:3 says "You must not have any other god but Me." Because I let it guide me, comfort me and fill me, I have made it a god in my life or in other words, an idol. God says very plainly that I must not put anything or anyone above Him. I want so much to please Him and so my goal this week is to knock that ole' food off its throne and put my dear Heavenly Father back where He belongs. I know that I will have some victories and some defeats. I also know that my sweet God will be there to celebrate with me and to lift me up when I am down. I so want to obey Him and please Him. He showed me this verse:
Phil. 2:13 "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him." My daily prayer for the week is: God, I know you are working in me. Give me the desire and the power to do what pleases You. Your Word says you will and I know that Your Word is true.

2 comments:

  1. Clearly, we need to eat. And it's not bad to plan yummy food into your days or experiences. The key, like you said, is to not let it rule you. Overeating and/or food being the sole focus of everything we do isn't good for the body or the mind. Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights, but I bet on day 41, even He had to dive into something tasty. :)

    Have the food...have it be tasty...just don't let it have you.

    ReplyDelete