Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Scale

Monday is weigh-in day for me. I weigh in the nurse's office at school. The scale can bring me such joy and such discouragement. Last week, I thought, I had done pretty good. I had resisted the cupcake and had really stayed on track pretty good. Monday morning arrived. As I was driving to school, feeling pretty sure I would lose at least a pound (I had prayed I would lose 2!). But I was praying and I said to the Lord, "Lord, even if I don't lose any, I will still praise you". So, you guessed it! I didn't lose any (maybe 1/4 of a pound). So here was my test. Was I really going to praise Him like I said? I have to say that it was very hard to do. I sat at my desk and got out my Bible and looked up verses that were praises to God. But my heart wasn't in it. I am sad to say that. All day long, I was disappointed. But I got over it. I stayed on track with my points. I am learning every day to look at the choice that is before me and only that choice. I am looking to God to give me hunger signals and not focus so much on my points (which are great and I love the program that I am on). I was watching Mandisa (the singer) on a webcast about the book I read called Made to Crave (about craving God instead of craving food). She said something so helpful to me. She said that the Lord wasn't asking her about how she was going to lose weight or control her eating a year from now. He was asking her how she was going to do it today. Another reminder to take care of today and not to look so far down the road. God is still calling me to seek Him first and He will take care of the rest.
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment